The company is growing and I'm looking for someone to join my team...
This is a part-time, permanent, contract position.
Company Summary: Kevin Dern Travel plans travel arrangements for individuals, families, and corporate groups, and also provides event planning services to several nonprofits in the St Louis region. The company typically manages 15-30 projects simultaneously and has been operating for four years.
Position Summary: The administrative assistant will assist with a variety of tasks on these projects, including research, emails, mailings, trip itineraries, contacting individuals and companies, and more. The ability to communicate with executive clients, suppliers, colleagues, etc. with discretion and confidentiality is extremely important, especially when dealing with confidential information like credit card numbers, company profit margins, etc.
This is a "work from home" position with occasional in-person meetings in St Louis area (somewhere between the Central West End and Creve Coeur - I’m based in U City). The assistant may work on his or her own schedule, as long as assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner.
Projects will be managed using online collaboration and communication tools (Dropbox, Google Docs, Slack, etc.) The position is part time, starting at approximately 5 hours per week, with a plan to gradually add more hours as additional projects are taken on by the company. The ideal candidate will have work / life experience, excellent communication and computer skills, and be extremely organized. This could be a perfect job for a freelancer looking for some extra side work or a stay-at-home parent who wants to work on his/her own schedule.
Note: The assistant will be an independent contractor, not an employee. Candidate must have own laptop, internet, transportation, cell phone, etc.
- Internet research
- Professional interactions with high level clients
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Basic skills at graphic design (flyers, brochures, postcards, etc)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced skills in Word and Excel (including mailmerge, tables in Word, etc.)
- Social media
- Excellent grammar, spelling, etc.
- Create trip itineraries in Excel (using existing template)
- Respond to emails on my behalf
- Research hotels, train times, attractions, restaurants, etc.
- Make phone calls to research questions or resolve issues
- Email information to clients and suppliers
- Manage emails and tasks while Kevin Dern is traveling
- Contact potential sponsors for nonprofit events
- Check accuracy of documents, flight times, room lists, etc.
- Occasional mailings, including mailmerge, stuffing and stamping envelopes
Salary: Starting at $15 per hour with anticipated increases.
How to Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to Kevin Dern at email@example.com with the subject line “Admin Assistant Application”. Please feel free to include your website and/or social media links.